Golden Milk Paste Recipe
Golden Milk Paste Recipe:
This is measurements for a 4 oz jar-
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
2 Tbs Turmeric
6-8 Seeds Hulled Cardamom (ground to powder in grinder)
2 Balls Black Peppercorns (ground to powder in grinder)
½ Tsp Cinnamon (ground)
½ Cup Water
Mix all ingredients in sauce pan and heat on medium/low until paste forms- Stir Frequently (20-30 minutes). Pour paste into a glass jar while warm. Once cooled store in refrigerator. You can also use the Ginger Love Herbal Wellness tea blend!
Benefits may be seen as:
- Turmeric: anti inflammatory, increase circulation
- Ginger: stokes digestive fires, immune boosting
- Cardamom: aids in digestion, circulation, detoxification
- Black Pepper: aids in digestion, anti-inflammatory, immune boosting, helps turmeric with absorption
- Cinnamon: aids in digestion, anti-bacterial, high in nutrients
We love to make this Golden Paste and keep it on hand to add a tablespoon to warmed coconut milk, or any of your favorite milks. You can really boost the absorption rate and creaminess by adding ghee or coconut oil. It is also an amazing addition to coffee, chai, or even to use when cooking. It tastes great as a rub for sweet potatoes or added to a soup!
Traditionally used in the ancient Ayurvedic traditions of India, this comforting elixir for the mind and body is always a favorite for ultra nourishment.