Join the Hood River Zen Meditation group 2nd and 4th Sundays for a sitting and walking meditation, as well as a chanting service followed by tea and discussion. This space is held by Kyri Kengen Treiman and this group is affiliated with the Dharma Rain Zen Center, a Soto Zen temple for lay practice.
All are welcome regardless of faith or beliefs. We have been sitting Zazen in the Gorge since 2000.
- Zazen (sitting meditation) 3:00 - 3:30
- Kinhin (walking meditation) 3:30 - 3:40
- Zazen (sitting meditation) 3:40 - 4:10
- Service (chanting) 4:10 - 4:20
- Break / Tea
- Discussion / Talk 4:30 - 5:00
Meditation cushions and benches are available. You are welcome to use a chair if sitting on the floor is uncomfortable. Please come 10-15 minutes early if it's your first time here. Meditation instruction is available on request.
Cost: Free, donations are welcome to cover our costs.